How can we help you today?
Adding a New Project
Creating projects on Elotree makes it easy to organize a client’s workload and divide up roles and responsibilities among team members.
- To add a new project, click on the plus icon located at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on “Add Project”.
- Click on “Projects” under the Work category on the left sidebar menu of the page.
- On the Projects page, click on the “Add Project” button at the top of the page.
- Enter a unique shortcode for the project under the “Short Code” field. This is the project’s unique identifier.
- Enter the project name in the “Project Name” field.
- Enter the applicable dates in the “Start Date” and “Deadline” fields. If there is no deadline for the project, select the checkbox “There is no project deadline”.
- Select a project category from the “Project Category” drop-down options.
- Select the department in charge of the project from the “Department” drop-down options.
- Select the owner of the project from the “Client” drop-down options.
- Enter the description and other relevant information about the project in the “Project Summary” field.
- Upload relevant files under the “Add Files” section.
- Enter the allocated budget for the project under the “Project Budget” field, and choose the corresponding currency unit under the “Currency” field.
- Enter the total number of hours it would take to complete the project in the “Hours Estimate” field.
- Note that the “Project Budget” and “Hours Estimate” fields only take numerical values.
- Check the “Allow manual time logs” checkbox to allow project members to manually input time spent working on the project if the time tracker is not used.
- Click on the “Save” button to create the project and exit.